2018 Scholarship Awards
Applications for the 2018 Scholarship are now available HERE.
One $1,000 Scholarship will be awarded for the 2017 - 2018 Season. All ages, skill discipline and stage of life are encouraged to apply!
Submission Instructions & Requirements
1. Attach a 300-500 word essay (a) describing yourself, (b) your participation in the arts, (c) what you hope to accomplish with the aid of this scholarship, and (d) why you have the need for assistance.
2. Performing applicants (e.g., actors, dancers, singers, etc.) must include a 3 to 5 minute CD/DVD, preferably from a live performance, showcasing their talents. Format of CD/DVD must be readable by a CD/DVD player. MP3, MPEG files or links to websites will not be considered.
3. Non-performing applicants (e.g., costume or set design, writers, etc.) must include an either pictoral or sketch design portfolio of their actual design work (not featuring design of another artist for proxy comparison) with examples of their body of work. 4. Mail application, your essay, CD/DVD, portfolio to:
Desert Theatre League
P.O. Box 854
Palm Springs, CA 92263
5. Applicants must be residents of Coachella Valley or High Desert communities.
6. Final date for submissions is March 15, 2018.
Note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
The Scholarship winner will be invited to perform at the 2018 Desert Star Awards ceremony in October